- AUTHOR INTERVIEW Best-selling inspirational writer Barbara Brown Taylor returns to ReadTheSpirit to talk about the brand new book featured on TIME magazine’s cover: ‘Learning to Walk in the Dark.’ PLUS: You’re sure to find some great quotable treasures in this week’s interview. (Yes, you’re welcome to share those quotes.)
- THE CENTENNIAL Learn how this holiday debuted nationwide in 1914.
- OUR VALUES All this week in the OurValues project, Dr. Wayne Baker looks at how Mother’s experiences are changing today.
- AND …
- FAITH and BODY IMAGE Good news for young women from the latest research.
- FEED THE SPIRIT An unusual egg recipe recalls Moms from Poland (by way of Australia).
- INTERFAITH PEACEMAKERS Three amazing women!
- WE ARE CAREGIVERS This year, make time for Mom to make time. Sound unusual? It’s actually a wonderful idea from our caregiving columnist Heather Jose.
- DEBRA DARVICK The Best Words: ‘I had a mother who read to me …’
- SUZY FARBMAN Unforgettable: Memories bind a musician and her mother
- AND …
MOMS and MOVIES
- VISUAL PARABLES A salute to all of those memorable Moms portrayed by Susan Sarandon.
- LITTLE WOMEN 1994 That’s the version of the movie to enjoy over and over again. 5 Stars from faith-and-film columnist Edward McNulty.
- THE LUNCHBOX From India, a film worthy of 5 stars for surfacing women’s roles.
- ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE Yes, it’s vampires once again. But it’s a 4-star variation on the theme.
- LE WEEK-END Nearly a 5-star review for this unusual story of a couple’s journey.
- THE RAILWAY MAN Don’t miss this movie, starring Colin Firth and set in Asia in WWII.
- FILM CAPSULES Mini-reviews at a glance. Check ’em out. Take Mom to a movie!
- WORLD’S TOUGHEST JOB Have you seen this online video? If not—go see it now! You’ll definitely want to share it with friends.
AND MORE …
- CHANGING PERCEPTIONS Rediscovering a major city—through the eyes of men and women who once were homeless.
- CINCO De MAYO Do you know the real story behind this largely American holiday?
- ALL HOLIDAYS Don’t miss a date! Bookmark our master index of all holidays and anniversaries.