PILGRIMAGE TO JERUSALEM
- COVER STORY Best-selling author James Martin finally reaches the “Holy Land” and gives the world a wonderful, inspirational memoir. Enjoy our in-depth interview with this beloved Jesuit writer.
- SEE “JERUSALEM” Have you seen the IMAX movie that carries viewers to Jerusalem? We’ve got an eye-popping video preview.
- INTERFAITH PEACEMAKERS: This week, our popular Interfaith Peacemakers department is celebrating an American spiritual pioneer and the “thin place” in Maine where he lived.
- INTERFAITH PEACEMAKERS Index to all of our profiles.
- PHINEAS QUIMBY The grandfather of America’s positive thinking movement.
- WELCOME TO A “THIN PLACE” How Belfast, Maine, has changed from Quimby’s era to our own.
- THOSE EYES! How a small-town clockmaker transformed himself into a prophetic spiritual healer.
TRAVELS NEAR AND FAR
- VISIT FORT NIAGARA Jane Wells writes about an inspirational visit to Old Fort Niagara.
- RE-VISITING OUTER SPACE Dr. Wayne Baker devotes this week’s OurValues series to America’s dramatically changing perspectives on Space.
- PART 1: How much is a ticket to Russia’s Soyuz?
- PART 2: How important is our space program?
- PART 3: Should space travel be privatized?
- PART 4: Should Mars be NASA’s next mission?
- PART 5: The earth goes around the sun, right?
- DEBRA GOES BOATING Debra Darvick’s new His Lens / My Pen invites you to dip an oar in the water.
- LOOKING FOR ANGELS? Suzy Farbman invites you to gather some angels around you.
- ALL HOLIDAYS Our overall index www.InterfaithHolidays.com
- MEMORIAL DAY There are several all-American anniversaries this year!
- RELATED TO JERUSALEM
- “NIGHT JOURNEY” Muslims recall a miraculous journey by the Prophet Muhammad.
- JERUSALEM DAY Also known as Yom Yerushalayim in Jewish communities.
- ASCENSION FESTIVALS
- BAHA’I Recalling the Ascension of Baha’u’llah
- CHRISTIAN Recalling the Ascension of Jesus
MOVIES AND MORE
- VISUAL PARABLES This week, faith-and-film writer Edward McNulty urges readers to go see Belle.
- AND, GODZILLA McNulty says it’s not a “dud,” as some critics have said, and is well worth a trip to the theater if you love this genre.
- A VAST INDEX McNulty has been helping American families choose movies for many years and, today, we’ve added an exhaustive index of his reviews.
- FEED THE SPIRIT Bobbie Lewis brings us a classic taste from the post-World War II Midwest: Circus peanut Jello.
- ‘CAN’T WE TALK ABOUT SOMETHING MORE PLEASANT?’ That’s the title of Roz Chast’s delightfully honest new memoir and We Are Caregivers columnist Heather Jose says it should be required reading.