- COVER STORY The best-selling author, teacher and peacemaker reveals the keys to happy aging: Forgiveness and Service to Others.
- CLEARING BOULDERS Benjamin Pratt shares a (literally) moving story of forgiveness.
- OUR VALUES Dr. Wayne Baker looks at the latest research into the value of helping others.
- Part 1: Can volunteering help us live longer?
- Part 2: Is volunteering once enough to increase your happiness?
- Part 3: Religious volunteering … in prisons?
- Part 4: Which state leads the volunteer rankings?
- Part 5: Would you do it in your pajamas?
HAPPINESS IS …
- A SIMPLE MOMENT Debra Darvick’s “His Lens/My Pen” shows us simplicity at a glance.
- FLORIDA Rodney Curtis tells us—and shows us—why Florida is “A State of Mind.”
- A DELICIOUS DINNER Have you ever heard of eastern European “Sabbath Cholent”? FeedTheSpirit serves up the recipe.
- A GOOD MOVIE Faith-and-film columnist Edward McNulty looks at the values in Oscar’s Top 9 movies.
- INTERFAITH PEACEMAKERS In our ongoing series of profiles, we introduce an amazing young peacemaker—Daniel Hunter.
- ‘UNITED AMERICA‘ Yes, peace is possible in American culture. Learn about this fascinating book.
- LORENA Did you know that a song—a haunting ballad of love and loss—softened hearts in the Civil War?
- LOVE AND LOSS The time it takes to turn grief into fond memories can be longer than we expect.
- TYRANNY ISN’T FICTION Jane Wells remembers George Washington in Bird on Fire.
- LENT IS COMING! More than a billion Western Christians celebrate, then prepare for ashes.
- FAST OF GREAT LENT Hundreds of millions of Eastern Christians prepare for a long and challenging fast.
- ALL HOLIDAYS Enjoy our index of worldwide holidays and anniversaries.