‘BULLYING IS NO LAUGHING MATTER’
- HISTORIC LAUNCH—Read our interview with Kurt Kolka, the comic artist who gathered this unique team including Beetle Bailey, For Better or For Worse, Luann, Dick Tracy, Dennis the Menace and 30 more!
- ENJOY THE VIDEOS—In 2 minutes, a super hero explains the new nationwide definition of bullying and, in a second video, you’ll see dozens of men and women supporting this movement. Enjoy both videos here.
- GET THE BOOK—Learn more about the book and order a copy at Amazon, Barnes & Noble or other retailers.
DISCOVER OUR SUPER NEW
SECTION CELEBRATING THESE COMICS
- NEW SECTION—‘Bullying Is No Laughing Matter’ is a colorful new website designed with comic flair. Each week, a new contributing comic artist from our project will share a comic strip.
- FIRST COMIC—Mort Walker is the first of our comic artists with a sample of his Beetle Bailey comic strip from the new book.
- GET THE BADGE—Show your support by downloading this free, small comic badge that you can share on Facebook or other social media to show you’re part of the anti-bullying team.
INTERFAITH PEACEMAKERS WELCOME
NORTH AMERICAN INTERFAITH NETWORK
- SEE ALL THE PEACEMAKERS—From this homepage, you can read more than 100 inspiring profiles of courageous men and women.
- NEW—Chiara Lubich found her interfaith vocation in the horrors of World War II.
- NEW—Harbhajan Singh Khalsa Yogiji shares his 3HO vision from India.
- NEW—Baruch Tenembaum is an interfaith peacemaker who celebrates other peacemakers.
- FEED THE SPIRIT—Faith-and-food writer Bobbie Lewis fondly remembers the inclusive spirit of her Summer Camp—and shares a yummy recipe for Macaroni and Cheese.
The right to vote is a deeply held American value—a right that many Americans risked their lives to achieve in earlier eras. But, now, our voter turnout is “dismal” reports OurValues columnist Terry Gallagher. This week, Terry highlights some solutions …
- MONDAY—Can we kick start American voters?
- TUESDAY—20 years after the Motor Voter law, should voting be even easier?
- WEDNESDAY—For some, the real goal is voter suppression.
- THURSDAY—How much voter impersonation is there?
- FRIDAY–Why President Lincoln urged Americans to vote.
and MORE …
SEE ALL THE HOLIDAYS—Remember this easy index to all of the religious holidays, festivals and milestones.
- ARE YOU MOURNING WITH US? ROBIN WILLIAMS’ death saddens all of us. Dr. Saeed Kahn of Wayne State University offered a short tribute to Williams at the North American Interfaith Network conference on Monday night. Please, read Edward McNulty’s review of one of Williams’ greatest films, “Dead Poets Society”—and remember …
- ‘GET ON UP’—Faith-and-film writer Edward McNulty says “Get on Up” does justice to James Brown’s legacy. (4.5 out of 5 stars)
- ‘BOYHOOD’—Debra Darvick urges readers, especially parents: Go see it now!
- ‘MOCKINGJAY’ NEWS—Jane Wells’ BirdOnFire column shares a new movie trailer.
- ‘THUNDERSTRUCK’—Our FaithGoesPop department shares a fun celebration of the cello.
- GOD SIGNS—Suzy Farbman asks, “What’s n a game?” Answer: Try looking through the eyes of our children.