- NOW IT’S YOUR TURN—Our cover story reports on how kids and adults nationwide are joining in the launch of Bullying Is No Laughing Matter—and we explain how your local group can use this opportunity to raise awareness of your efforts, too!
- ENJOY ‘BLONDIE’—This week’s featured comic is Blondie. The comic includes a guide for sparking discussion in your small group. (If you were traveling, last week’s featured comic was Beetle Bailey).
- VISIT THESE FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK—Come on. Show your support. Check out the Facebook page. You know what to do.
- GET THE BADGE—The free, square, Web badge is available right here. Display it proudly to show you’re helping the vulnerable in your community.
A POST-RACIAL NATION?
- UNITED AMERICA author and OurValues project founder Dr. Wayne Baker returns this week, inviting readers to discuss the American values swirling around the tragedy in Ferguson, Missouri.
- PART 1—Is the idea of a “post-racial America” a dangerous fantasy?
- PART 2—Is Ferguson a tale of two cities?
- PART 3—Do we need the feds after all?
- PART 4—Kindness in Ferguson?
- PART 5—Republicans and Democrats sharply disagree on whether race is getting too much attention.
- WANT TO CHANGE AMERICA? Terry Gallagher’s extensive look at our low voter turnout is now complete in 10 parts, perfect for small-group discussion.
- ALL THE STORIES AND VIDEOS—From this home page, you can enjoy more than 100 inspiring stories, many of them with videos.
- NEW THIS WEEK—Howard Thurman
- NEW—The Dalai Lama
- NEW—Pope John Paul II
- REMEMBERING WORLD WAR I—As the centennial of WWI begins, we invite readers to tell us about stories of unexpected compassion, peacemaking and heroic caregiving related to the First World War. We’ve already shared columns featuring Eric Bogle and also Danish composer Carl Nielsen.
FOOD, FILM AND MUCH MORE!
- FEED THE SPIRIT—Is there a tilapia swimming in your neighborhood? These fish could change urban neighborhoods. Learn about one local fish farm—and, of course, we have a delicious recipe, as well.
- SUZY FARBMAN—A California photographer helps others through Canine Companions.
- VISUAL PARABLES—You’ll find more than 1,000 free reviews from veteran faith-and-film author Edward McNulty.
- ‘BOYHOOD’—This week, Ed says: Don’t miss this movie! (5 out of 5 stars)
- ‘HUNDRED-FOOT JOURNEY’—You’ll love this cross-cultural romance, Ed says.
- FILM CAPSULES–Readers are invited to share and republish these film capsules in your own newsletter or website, if you wish.
- REMEMBERING ROBIN WILLIAMS—Nationwide, fans of Robin Williams are snapping up his classic films, so you may have to wait to enjoy his best movies. Ed McNulty says the two best are worth a wait: Read about The Fisher King and Dead Poet’s Society.
- CELEBRATING HOLIDAYS—You’ll always find all of our Holidays & Festivals stories listed in this convenient Web index. Tell friends about the simple URL, http://www.InterfaithHolidays.com
- MARCUS GARVEY’S BIRTHDAY—This Jamaican-American pioneer is regarded as a spiritual hero by many around the world.
- MARY’S ASSUMPTION/DORMITION—East or West, this traditional observance stretches back through the centuries.
- KRISHNA JANMASHTAMI—Celebrating the birthday of a very popular Hindu deity.
- SENIOR CITIZENS DAY—Ronald Reagan kicked it off; it’s a great time to thank a senior in your life.